Saturday, August 13, 2016

Day 10: Where I Want To Be Buried And What I Think Heaven Will Be Like

Half of the people reading this were probably like, "What? Huh?" when you read the title of this post. I admit, it may seem a little dark, but I believe that our society gives death too much of a negative connotation. Death is a natural part of life, and we should be more comfortable talking about it. Because, as negative as this is going to sound, we might die tomorrow. Maybe it's unlikely, but it's still a possibility that we have to accept.

When I die, hopefully a long time from now, I'd like to be buried with my flute and the ashes of my cat, Loki (who died in January of 2015). Both have been major parts of my life, Loki because he was my best friend since we were both babies, and my flute for obvious reasons. I want to be buried in my family's section of the cemetery where my great-grandma is buried, because it's in a very pretty spot by a lake in Minnesota.

But I won't really be there. That spot of ground will just be the place where my body is. My soul will be far away, up in Heaven, where I'll see all of the pets and people I've had to say goodbye to. Where there is always enough time to practice instruments, and there are many orchestras and bands and choirs and flute ensembles to be in. I'll meet all of my favorite composers and musicians, too. Well, those that went before me. And everything will be wonderful because Heaven is a place of unequaled happiness and contentment.

No comments:

Post a Comment