Monday, August 24, 2015

Day 7: My Favorite Childhood Toys

Well, I guess I'm kind of terrible at keeping promises, at least when it comes to blog posts, but nobody reads this anyway, so whatever.
Favorite childhood toys is an interesting topic to discuss with me, because while most people will say they had a teddy bear or whatever (which I did) my childhood toys were basically anything my brother and I could find around the house. I mean, we had Legos, Star Wars figures, stuffed animals, blocks, and matchbox cars, but we also used napkins, cardboard boxes, laundry baskets, and wooden spools quite creatively. A laundry basket became a boat, paper napkins were cut up and taped together for stuffed animal clothes, cardboard boxes were used for little houses, and spools became little people, divided into "families" by the brand of thread they had once held. We would spend hours playing, sending our toys on epic quests and making up several novels' worth of stories in a day. Of course, we never wrote any of our games down, which is something I regret now. So many wonderful memories were made while playing those games, letting our imaginations run wild. Now... I don't take much interest in playing anymore, and I reel like my imagination has lost some of its former potency. That's just one of the things I don't like about getting older.

No comments:

Post a Comment