Saturday, October 3, 2015

Day 11: The First 15 Songs That Pop Up When My iPod Is On Shuffle


1. "Where Has Sally Gone?" from Backyard Tent Set by Caroline Smith and the Good Night Sleeps
This is one of the few songs that my dad put on my iPod that I actually like. Very nice piano accompaniment.

2. "I Will Always" from Everybody Else Is Doing It, So Why Can't We? by The Cranberries
I had never listened to this before now. I definitely don't hate it, but it isn't exactly my favorite.

3. "The Land of Going to Be" by Irene Bordoni
This is what I was afraid of. My dad put a ton of this old, moldy music on my iPod, and I don't really like any of it. This one is okay I guess, but again, not my favorite. She sounds like an Italian Disney princess, and I can't decide if that's a good thing or a bad thing.

4. "Thy Word" from Cruzando- 2006 ELCA Youth Gathering by Peter Mayer & The House Band
This album was my absolute favorite when I was little-- I used to listen to it on my moms MP3 player over and over again. I especially love the violin and trumpet parts in it, as well as the resolve at the end.

5. "Show Me the Way to Go Home" by Wendell Hall
Heheheh... This song is sort of a tradition in my family. I used to sing it at the top of my lungs every night, and apparently my grandma or great grandma made up a very interesting verse that isn't featured in any recorded version I've ever heard.

6. "Alabare" from Cruzando- 2006 ELCA Youth Gathering by Peter Mayer & The House Band
This song contains the first Spanish words I ever spoke/sang. I'm still not entirely sure what they translate to, but the song has a religious message, I know that much.

7. "Give Up Let Go" from What I Was Made For by Big Daddy Weave
Another religious song. It's pretty good, has a nice saxophone solo towards the beginning, but seriously, this list had better include some Michael Buble at some point.

8. "Fields Of Grace" from 2006 Youth Gathering Cruzando: Journey With Jesus by R Scott Bryan
And another religious song. This one is also pretty okay, but it's not my favorite from this album.

9. "I'm Lonely Without You" by B.F. Goodrich Silvertown Cord Orchestra
Another old, moldy song. This one is also sort of okay, but I don't know if I'll ever listen to it on purpose (as opposed to on Shuffle).

10. "La Cucaracha" by Shep Fields and his New Rippling Rhythm
Another old, moldy song. I'm officially changing the title of this post to "The First 15 Songs That Pop Up When My iPod Is On Shuffle," so that maybe, just maybe, this list will be more than just religious songs and old songs.

11. "He Won't Go" from 21 by Adele
Told you changing the title would work. I love this song. I love this whole album, actually.

12. "Clench My Teeth" from Backyard Tent Set by Caroline Smith and The Good Night Sleeps
I don't really know what to say about this song. I like it, but I can't relate to the lyrics too well.

13. "Scan Me" from Advent by Tangled Blue (or maybe it's the other way around, I'm not really sure)
The first one that I didn't like at all. Like half of the songs on this list, I had never heard it before now, and now I know why.

14. "Overture" from Phantom of the Opera
This is my absolute favorite musical, and I have the whole original Broadway soundtrack. The upperclassmen band at my school played a Phantom of the Opera medley for the pops concert last year, and it was awesome.

15. "Like It, Love It, Need It" from Jesus Freak by dc Talk
Yet another religious song. And also the last one on the list. It's okay, but I really wish my iPod would've let me listen to just one Michael Buble song. Oh well. I guess that's the point of Shuffle, so you don't listen to what you always listen to.

No comments:

Post a Comment