Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Day 12: Bullet Your Whole Day

This is my baton. It's mentioned later in this post.

Monday, October 5, 2015
• 5:00 am- Alarm goes off. I hit the snooze.
• 5:20 am- I finally get up and take a shower.
• 5:45 am- I get dressed. The shirt I wanted to wear is dirty, so it takes me forever to decide on a different one.
• 6:00 am- I eat a bowl of Crispix and a pumpkin scone for breakfast.
• 6:15 am- I blow dry my hair, brush my teeth, and get ready to leave.
• 6:26 am- My mom, my brother, and I pull out of the driveway, on our way to school.
• 7:00 am- My mom drops me off at the high school. She'll take my brother to the middle school and then go to work.
• 7:03 am- I go to the choir room for Chamber Choir practice.
• 7:56 am- Practice is over, so I rush to the band room to drop off my flute and see my friend's pictures from Fall Formal.
• 7:58 am- I hurry through the hallways to my history class, which is at the complete opposite end of the school.
• 8:03 am- The bell rings. I am not late.
• 9:35 am- First hour ends. I make my way to my health class.
• 10:57 am- Finally time for band. We run through our marching band show music, and then we play concert band. I am asked to sight read a solo I had never seen before, and for once I don't fail.
• 12:24 pm- Lunchtime. My friends and I eat in the band room because we're nerds.
• 1:00 pm- Homeroom.
• 1:15 pm- Travel time. I go back down to the band room to help the band director get things organized for parent-teacher conferences.
• 1:44 pm- I go to my fourth hour English class, in which we study the Declaration of Independence.
• 3:08 pm- The final bell rings and I race back to the band room.
• 3:45 pm- My mom arrives for parent-teacher conferences. We wait outside my English classroom, but my teacher isn't there.
• 4:00 pm- We go back to the band room, where the band director tells us how amazing I am.
• 4:15 pm- We wait outside my English classroom for a little while longer, but eventually we get tired of waiting and decide to head home.
• 4:26 pm- We leave the school.
• 4:30 pm- We drop my friend off at her house, and then we finally make our way home.
• 5:07 pm- We arrive at home.
• 5:15 pm- I change clothes and take the trash can to the end of the driveway.
• 5:27 pm- I start my homework.
• 6:00 pm- I finish reading the Declaration of Independence and emerge from my room to eat dinner.
• 6:22 pm- My family and I finish eating. My brother and I start the dishes.
• 6:52 pm- The dishes are done, so I eat a small bowl of mint chocolate chip ice cream and a cookie.
• 7:00 pm- I practice the flute. Scales first, then etudes, "Concertino," and the concert band music I have to master for my chair audition.
• 8:00 pm- I'm done practicing, so I finish my History homework that isn't due until Wednesday.
• 8:54 pm- I watch YouTube videos for awhile.
• 10:17 pm- I decide I should probably get ready for bed, so I change into my pajamas, wash my face, brush my teeth, etc.
• 10:34 pm- I set up my computer, my iPod, and a full-length mirror for conducting practice. (The computer is for playing the music I conduct, the mirror is so I can watch myself, and the iPod is for taking videos of myself conducting so I can evaluate my progress. The song I'm working on right now is a wonderful concert band piece called "Rest." And no, it's not seven minutes of only rests.
• 11:18 pm- I stop conducting. It's finally time for bed.
• 11:38 or so- I fall asleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment