Saturday, September 26, 2015

Day 9: If I Could Have Any Job in the World...


I'm not even going to try to apologize for the extreme and inexcusable lateness of this post because nobody reads this blog and I know sorry doesn't transport me back in time.
So without further adieu, if I could have any job in the world, I would want to be a professional flutist or a Broadway performer. As I think has been made clear in my posts since I started writing this blog, I love music very, very much. I can't imagine myself doing anything else for a living. And since I'm not very good at teaching or stuff like that, being a band or choir director wouldn't necessarily be my first choice.
I realize, of course, that trying to make a living off of performing is difficult and that this is a competitive field. However, the question did say to describe the job I'd want if I could have any job in the whole world, so... yeah. I've always thought that I should dream big, but always have a Plan B. So right now, my job of choice is to be a professional flutist or singer, and Plan B (the far more realistic plan) is to be a high school band director. The band director at my school always says that if you say something will happen, then it'll happen. So I try really hard to not say I'm going to fail at stuff, because then it will probably happen. I believe that if I work hard, practice a lot, and never give up, I can achieve anything I want to.

No comments:

Post a Comment